Danville has all the elements of a thriving city. This affluent East Bay community is one of the California’s most desirable places to live, thanks to its solid employment rate, high wage levels, and upscale real estate market. These favorable business conditions are largely the result of the hard work and efforts of the town’s local business owners. Local businesses are the engine that drives Danville’s economic growth and are an important source of jobs.
According to Danville’s latest financial report, half of the town’s top employers are involved in the real estate industry. This isn’t surprising, considering the high cost of entry into the real estate market when you buy a Danville property. Local housing prices peaked during the mortgage bubble years of 2008-2009, but still remain high. Property and property transfer taxes are still a major source of the town’s income. Leading local real estate businesses include: J. Rockliff Realtors and Mason McDuffie Mortgage Corp.
Construction and real estate go hand-in-hand. Building activity in Danville declined between 2007 and 2010, but rebounded strongly in recent years. These days, building and planning revenues are an important source of revenue for the town. Leading local construction businesses include: Gayler Construction, Inc., C. W. Roen Construction Co., and Sierra Crest Construction and Developers.
Once you’ve bought or built the house of your dreams in Danville, you’ll want to make sure it looks its best. That’s why there are so many local businesses servicing the community’s home and garden needs. Leading local home and garden businesses include: J. Hettinger Interiors, Sloat Garden Center, and The Danville Interior Design Gallery.
Danville’s community dines well. This upscale community has become well known for its gourmet and specialty food purveyors. Leading local food retail businesses include: Boisset Wine Living, Gagnon’s Catering & Rentals and California Sun Dry Foods.
You know you’ve made it when your town has multiple country clubs. These exclusive retreats offer more than the usual golf, swimming, and tennis. They offer their members a chance to rub shoulders with high society. Leading local country clubs include: Crow Canyon Country Club and Blackhawk Country Club.
Looking your best is important. You can tell by looking at the sheer number of health and beauty businesses operating in town that fitness and wellness is a significant industry. Leading local health and beauty businesses include: Insideout OutsideIn Wellness, Action in Motion Pilates, and Jolie Salon & Spa.
The business services sector is an invaluable part of Danville’s local economy. These companies support the business community by providing highly specialized services and superior customer service. Leading local business services providers include: San Damiano Conference and Retreat Center, Jay Advertising Inc., and eh Creative Graphic Design.
There is no shortage of financial services companies operating in Danville. These local businesses help the town’s well-off residents grow their money. Leading local financial services businesses include Peregrine Financial Services, Dressel Tax & Accounting, and Ramos & Collis, LLC.
Danville is obsessed with cars. The town, after all, is home to a world-class Blackhawk automobile museum and massive outdoor car show. Symmons Body & Fender, Inc. is the leading local automotive business in town.
Local businesses are the heart and soul of a small town like Danville. In addition to providing the community with necessary goods and services, they also add color and personality.
Danville’s Top Employers
Danville’s latest annual report listed the town’s top employers. The list shows a diversified mix of Danville-based businesses along with the locally-owned franchise operations of large corporations. Reflecting the town’s desirable housing market, half the companies are real estate companies. There also a number of retail operations (mostly food), a country club, and a health care business.
1) Costco: Costco, the quintessential membership warehouse club, provides Danville with a wide selection of merchandise, sold in bulk at discount prices.
2) Keller Williams Realty: This Austin, Texas-based, real estate franchise company is one of the largest residential real estate companies in the United States.
3) J. Rockcliff Realtors: A real estate company with an East Bay focus. It also has offices in Orinda, Lafayette, Walnut Creek, Blackhawk, Pleasanton, Livermore, and Montclair/Piedmont.
4) Crow Canyon Country Club: Crow Canyon Country Club is located in the foothills of Mount Diablo.
5) Safeway: This supermarket chain has 1,678 stores across the United States and Canada.
6) People & Properties Sotheby’s International Realty: The Danville branch of this real estate chain specializes in luxury homes.
7) Alain Pinel Realtors: One of the California’s largest real estate companies.
8) Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate Mason-McDuffie: The local Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate franchise began operating in 1887.
9) Danville Rehabilitation: Danville Rehabilitation is a skilled nursing facility that provides 24-hour skilled care and rehabilitation services.
10) Lunardi’s Markets: This Bay Area supermarket chain prides itself on its service and quality goods.